Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

100 days from today


This is a monumental day. Officially 100 days until we pack up the Mariner and head out on the adventure of our lifetime. There have bee a lot of things going on lately and again I kick myself that I have not been more diligent about updating the blog. Let's see, I will go over a few things that have been happening. While we have our first stop in Cabarete, Dominican Republic staying very close to Kite Beach. Here is a Webcam of Kite Beach, http://www.cabaretekitebeachwebcam.com/ it is said to be the world’s best kite surfing area in the world. Sounds like fun I hope I might try it out but I bet Syd will be more apt to give it a go. Here are a few updates since I last posted. I had the trailer hitch installed on the Mariner so we can pull the trailer to Fort Lauderdale. I picked up the bike rack so we can haul the bikes after Cabarete. We went to Fort Lauderdale for the 4th of July and had a great visit with Ryan and Brandee. They decided that they don't have room for the China cabinet now so we will be leaving it with Syd's sister Susan for now. The good news with that is now we won't have to haul a trailer to Ft. Lauderdale, I hope. I will be doing a dry run (pack) of the Mariner to see if we can get the 2 chairs in as well as Hermann's crate with room for our stuff also. I think I can do it, we'll see. Phase 2 of our adventure is set as well. We will be spending next summer May to September 2013 in Chapala Jal, Mexico, here is a local webcam for Chapala, http://chapalaweather.net/webcam.htm. It's not a good one of the Lake but a really good one to watch weather conditions. We are going to get our banking situation set in the next week, which will be another big step. I think Syd is going to take over more entries to this blog cause she ask me for the link again and she is just a little excited that this is the 100 day mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment