Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Correction! I have now seen a snake!

In my post on things we don't like about the DR, I had said I had never even seen a snake in the DR.  Well, Can't say that now.  A few nights ago we were having drinks near the pool with several of the other guests in our building.  Hermann and I took a little walk with another couple staying here and their dog....and good thing I did.

While we were walking, everyone sitting at the pool side gazebo heard a thud.  They looked behind them and a five foot rainbow boa had fallen from an overhead tree.  Now what I wish I had seen was Matt and another guy trying to catch this snake using a pool skimmer.  Luckily the security guard stepped in and locked the snake inside a trash can.

Kelly and Comilla (two twenty something girls from Minnesota) couldn't stand the thought of the snake trapped in that trash can and what might happen to it -- Dominicans do seem to hate snake even if they are beneficial to have around.  So they got it out of the trash can to release it.  Before they let it go, they brought it up to our condo so I had a chance to see it.  Thank you Kelly and Comilla!  Then I told them to take a nice long walk before they let it go.

So no real pics of the snake that was here, just thought I should make a correction to my first post on icky things in the DR.

No comments:

Post a Comment