Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Yes...we do have time for Hermann!

One thing I've discovered is it's crazy expensive to take a pet out of the country.  Before we left KC, Matt took Hermann to our local vet to make sure he was healthy enough to receive his International Health Certificate (as in no parasites!).  He was fine but we also got him a bordatella (sp?) vaccine so we could board him in Ft. Lauderdale when while we were in Cancun.  Bill for that $70.  The health check in Ft. Lauderdale ran $75.  The fee to have the Dept of Agriculture stamp his health certificate is $38....plus a trip to Miami.  Then $165 to get him on the plane.

Matt and I did have a pretty intense conversation yesterday as to whether or not this was all worth the trouble.  Well....you see who won!  Herm will be on the flight with us Saturday.

Looking forward to Thanskgiving with Ryan and Brandee...they even bought us a real (as in not tofu) turkey breast.  Brandee is making the entire meal except that Ryan is hanndling dessert.  Me....I get to do the dishes.  Not a bad deal.

Missing my usual crew for Thanksgiving.  First time away from my sisters for this holiday! 

I did enjoy meeting Bryce's new girlfriend, Jennifer.  Her mother is Dominican and Jennifer recently lived in the DR for about a year very near where we will be.  She had some good advice and pleasant things to say about the area.  Of course she's bi-lingual....so wish I could take her with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment